The CPPG has adapted their former travel grants to include requests for the following initiatives:
- Travel to in-person meetings
- Registration to attend virtual meetings
- Registration to participate in virtual classes or online training
- Hardware to support participation in virtual platforms
Postdocs, graduate students, and junior staff who work in labs belonging to CPPG member faculty are eligible to apply. Applications will be reviewed twice annually, in December and June.
The four major goals of the Emergence grant are:
- Expand CGE member collaborations;
- Expand CGE member outreach activities;
- Encourage involvement in STEM for underrepresented students, and
- Produce a long-term impact
- Grants will be awarded in varying amounts; preference given to requests <$1,500.
- Awardees are not eligible to receive funding more than once a calendar year.
- Preference will be given to members of underrepresented groups.